- Moderator: Robbie
- Co-Moderator: Corey
- Stack: Tara
- Timekeeper: Amanda
- Minutes by Lainie
- Divestment Resolution on the docket for City Council March 1. Meeting starts at 10 AM.
- Legion is having a fundraiser at 1808 E. 12th Street, suggested donation $5
- Wednesday @ capitol @ noon, begun by Occupy Portland – Shut down Corporations by anti ALEC
- Prior to that, teachers are running a press conference
- 12-1:30 – series of presentations, speakers, rallying, cheers to shut down ALEC
- March 18th – Gray Panthers Potluck & Interactive candidate forum (for DA’s office and Precinct 1 commissioner) UNSCREENED Questions. At Lion’s Gardens @ Pleasant Valley, Lion’s Road & Weberville, starts at 1 PM with Potluck.
- Welcome Wagon kite making at 1 PM at City Hall
- Occupy AISD sign making at noon at Republic Square park
- Sign Making at 4 PM at City Hall
- FWG – not disbanding
- Claire stepping back
- Gee stepping up
- FWG will be operating under the processes presented until we come up with something better
- Sign making at Republic Square Park at noon, joining Kite making at City hall
- March 2, education at its best
- Rally at 3 PM at 11th and Congress, march at 4:15 to TEA, more rallying
- Getting lots of emails from people who are just going to try to come
- Morlog made Amanda and Dave admins of the Facebook account. If you have complaints, yell at Morlog
- Has a petition about a forest that is going to be leveled for a parking lot.
- Requesting email signatures
- Beacon Crest area, peaceful hill area
- Toxic waste dump next to it & auto shop
- Zoning meeting on the 6th at City Hall at 6 PM
- League of bicycle voters
- Peaceful Hill preservation League
- Can we turn our work groups into small businesses that earn money?
- Bank Action could do foreclosure counseling
- Guerilla Gardening could make money making gardens
- Money has been withdrawn from WePay and two people will be getting it.
- Talk to Claire if you want details
- They are Joe and Michele – because they are such sticklers about protocol
- We’ve looked into Alliance for Global Justice as fiscal sponsor
- We’re applying for sponsorship & we should hear back from them in a week
- Web team – two new pages, templates for working groups
- Each working group will have their own blog and vital information
- Should be done by the end of next week
- On Monday – interocc is having 1 to 1 with interocc in Portland for updates and rapport building
- Will do more in the coming weeks
CQ: Does finance have permission to apply for fiscal agency
CQ: Are there really 40 working groups?
CQ: Do we really have to run a proposal in order to just send in the paperwork – isn’t that exploratory?
Answer: We did get permission to try this before, but it’s not a commitment.
No Quorum – no proposals
What should we do with the paperwork?
Point of Process: How much time do we have for this?
Two Minutes per person
We’ll try to fill out the paperwork and submit it before GA Monday
PoI – I have a friend who has experience with nonprofits and can help with the paperwork tomorrow
PoI – I don’t’ think we need to ask for permission from GA to send it in, just if we get accepted
Interrupting Point of Information – There will be a a proposal for $500 to pay Jordan’s bail, and we should not pass that proposal. We’ll know why.
Clarifying Question: What’s the correct procedure for getting this paperwork filled out?
PoI – It can be sent in, but we need consensus to make a commitment
PoI finance meets tomorrow at 6 PM – be there if you have questions
- Would really like to work towards an online general assembly forum
- Facebook group might be the solution
- Wants to start thinking about it and is going to start working on it
CQ: Do you want it to be able to pass proposals, or just share information
A: I think it could be. And we can use it as a vetting process.
PoI: Facebook is evil. I don’t want to rely on that.
A: The reason I bring it up because it’s almost set up to do that, so we would have to create a system that would disallow trolls
PoI: Some people use pseudonyms on facebook, and it’s not really a guarantee of authenticity
PoI: Key signing might be a solution, but we would need to educate our people on the technical aspects.
PoI: It’s probably something that should be talked about with IT or web
PoI: RiseUp.net might be a solution, they are relatively secure and might provide a solution
PoI: Thank you – People who can’t be here are disenfranchised
Do we want to keep talking about it?
End of GA